September 17, 2016 • From theTrumpet.com
All you need to know about everything in the news this week
Get all the important news from September 10–16 by downloading the Trumpet Weekly. Click here to receive it by e-mail every week.
Is World War III imminent?
- The state of the world today closely resembles what it was before World War ii, assessed Geopolitical Futures in “The World Before World War II Reemerges.”
- “We have entered a new historical phase, and that new phase carries with it dramatically increasing risks. … There doesn’t seem to be a force to contain [global crises]. Therefore, the only reasonable conclusion is that we are seeing a mounting crisis in Eurasia. Should it continue, it will mean a reconfiguration of this region, as it was reconfigured by World War ii.”
- Thankfully, the Bible promises a supernatural force that will contain every crisis on the globe. It is the only hope-filled conclusion!
Where the unrest in Ethiopia is leading
- Upset by inequality and systemic corruption, members of Ethiopia’s two largest districts have taken to the streets.
- The ensuing chaos compelled Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn to authorize Ethiopia’s armed forces to take “any and all” measures necessary to restore order.
- Expect Iran to capitalize on this instability as it has done before in Ethiopia and many other Middle Eastern and North African nations. Trumpet editor in chief Gerald Flurry explains this in “Libya and Ethiopia Reveal Iran’s Military Strategy.”
Just another nuke test in North Korea?
- On September 9, just in time for the 68th anniversary of the founding of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (dprk), Pyongyang detonated its fifth nuclear weapon.
- Like the previous nuke tests, this latest one was illegal, but unlike the previous four tests, last Saturday’s test was miniaturized. That means, the dprk could soon develop nukes that are small enough to mount on a ballistic missile.
- The “nuclear genie is out of the bottle,” as Mr. Flurry warned. Yet the response from the United States was pitifully weak.
Cardinal on Islam
- Austrian Cardinal Christoph Schönborn warned on September 11 of an “Islamic conquest of Europe.”
- September 11 this year was the 333rd anniversary of the Battle of Vienna, when the Christian nations of Europe joined forces to prevent the Muslim Ottomans from taking Vienna and continuing their expansion in Europe.
- Schönborn asked, “Will there now be a third attempt at an Islamic conquest of Europe?”
- Britain has approved a $24 billion nuclear power plant that is backed by China. France is building the plant, and China is paying $8 billion dollars for it. British Prime Minister Theresa May said she’ll have to be more cautious in the future about foreign investment.
- Iran has a new naval ship capable of transporting helicopters and about 100 men. An Iranian military official said the “ship increases the deterrent power of Iran and will have an effect on the calculations of the enemy, particularly America.”
- Under President Rodrigo Duterte, the Philippines is set to depart from its longstanding military reliance on the United States and move toward Russia and China.
- The Chairman of the United States Commission on Civil Rights declared on September 8 that the phrase “religious liberty” was a code word for “racism,” “sexism,” “homophobia” and Christian supremacy.
Get more details on these stories and more by subscribing to the Trumpet Weekly!
Read More News Here Source link