Addis Ababa, December 20, 2018 (FBC) – The House of People’s
Representatives (HPR) today approved the draft bills developed to amend
the Defence Forces Proclamation and to establish an Administrative
Boundaries and Identity Issues Commission.
The House approved the draft bill to amend the Defence Forces Proclamation with majority vote and one vote against.
Similarly, the House approved the draft bill to establish an
Administrative Boundaries and Identity Issues Commission with majority
vote, 33 against, and four abstentions.
The establishment of the Commission is required to solve issues of
administrative boundaries and identity questions that repeatedly occur
between regions, it was noted.
Powers and duties of the commission:
- provide alternative recommendations to the House of the Federation
and the Prime Minister by studying any problems and conflict that are
related to the administrative boundaries demarcation and issues of
- Provide recommendations to the House of the Federation on amendments
actions that has to be taken to promote and consolidate unity of
peoples based on equality and their mutual consent.
- Provide recommendations, for the continued determination and
alteration of administrative boundary decisions, to the House of the
Federation, to the House of People’s Representatives and to the Prime
minister, in order to expand appropriate constitutional principles,
transparency and efficient system or amendment of laws.
- Present recommendations to the House of the Federation for
consideration, where by investigating administrative boundaries
controversies which are directed to it from the House of the Federation,
the House of Peoples’ Representatives and the Prime minister.
- Facilitate ways in which Conflicts arise over administrative
boundaries have been resolved, the renewal and strengthen of good
relations between neighboring regions.
- Provide recommendations to the House of the Federation, the House of
People’s Representatives and the Prime minister on the measures that
has to be taken to make administrative boundaries is not further cause
- Initiate the policy framework of administrative boundaries to make
the administrative boundaries and their area of well-being for
development and commerce.
- Collect public opinion on issues of administrative boundaries.
- Collect opinion and inputs for the study from regional and federal officials, political parties, and other stakeholders.
- Prepare strategy and detailed plan that show the process of
gathering public input and feedback, which ensures that the process
includes all sections of the community.
|AddisNews is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we get contents from and provide a link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed by them.|