Deressa Chimsa of Ethiopia won the Prague International Marathon on Sunday and Agnes Kiprop of Kenya dominated the women’s race.
Chimsa pulled away about 10 kilometres from the end to finish the race in two hours, six minutes and 25 seconds in the second fastest time on the track.
Chimsa said: “To run alone was very difficult.”
Stephen Tum of Kenya was second in 2:07:17 and his countryman Philemon Limo was third in 2:09:25.
Kiprop who won in 2:25:41 was followed by another Kenyan runner, Flomena Chepchirchir, and Meseret Debele of Ethiopia.
About 9 000 runners participated in the 18th edition of the race.
1. Deressa Chimsa (ETH) 2hr 06min 25sec
2. Stephen Tum (KEN) 2:07:17
3. Philemon Limo (KEN) 2:09:25
4. Francis Kipkoech Bowen (KEN) 2:10:05
5. Nephat Ngotho Kinyanjui (KEN) 2:11:06
More From Our Site
1. Agnes Jepkemboi Kiprop (KEN) 2:25:41
2. Flomena Chepchirchir (KEN) 2:26:50
3. Meseret Debele (ETH) 2:27:15
4. Sovad Ait Salem (ALG) 2:27:21
5. Misiker Mekonnin (ETH) 2:29:46