CNFA seeks a Chief of Party candidate to act as the key liaison between USAID/Ethiopia and all other counterparts, and Government of Ethiopia officials. The COP is expected to lead and/or participate in strategic and high level policy forums and meetings with various actors and advocate for broader pastoralist issues. USAID/Ethiopia intends to award a five-year cooperative agreement under the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative, Global Climate Change Initiative and Global Health Initiative. Pastoralists Resiliency Improvement and Market Expansion (PRIME) will increase incomes and improve the resiliency and adaptive capacity of pastoral communities to climate change through market expansion. PRIME will be implemented in selected pastoral and agro-pastoral districts of the Somali, Afar and Oromia Regions.
- Manage all aspects of program including meeting the objectives of the project while providing overall technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management of the project, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the co-operative agreement.
- Developing a strong, coherent vision within PRIME and initiating innovative strategies across the program.
- The COP will act as the key liaison between USAID/Ethiopia and all other counterparts, and Government of Ethiopia officials.
- The COP is expected to lead and/or participate in strategic and high level policy forums and meetings with various actors and advocate for broader pastoralist issues.
- The COP is expected to contribute to improving pastoralist’s policy environment using PRIME evidence base and learning generated through the project.
- Master’s degree in international development, livestock, agriculture, natural resource, environment or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- At least Ten (10) years or more of progressively international work experience in managing and implementing pastoral or livestock programs in the Horn of Africa, with a demonstrable track record of innovation and leadership.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff; and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- At least five (5) years of senior management experience in project or organizational management, gender mainstreaming and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Send CVs to:
Qualified candidates should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Ethiopia Chief of Party" in the headline.
Applying to CNFA
Thank you for your interest in a position with CNFA. If your candidate profile matches an available opportunity, we will contact you directly to arrange an interview. No phone calls, please. CNFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.