RTI International is an independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research and programming to improve the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI was founded in 1958 by universities in North Carolina as the first scientific organization in and the centerpiece of its Research Triangle Park. In the international education sector, from our longstanding work in post-apartheid South Africa to innovative work in Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA), including recently in Ethiopia, RTI works to improve education quality, relevance, access, and efficiency around the world.
RTI is recruiting an Human Resources Manager for an anticipated education project in Ethiopia, focused on curriculum revision and textbook development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Manager is responsible for transparent implementation of HR Strategies, effective delivery of HR services and management; interprets and applies HR policies; rules and regulations facilitate internal procedures and process solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Specialist promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale. He/she is to support formulation of solid HR strategies and implement Project human resources initiatives to attract, develop, motivate and retain the most suitable talent throughout the project and facilitate successful performance in management.
Essential Job Functions
- Disseminate, ensure full compliance of HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks in tandem with local labor laws, USAID rules and regulations, RTI policies
- Support HR and administration manager in disseminating identified priorities, allocated tasks; and ensures strict adherence to procedures in the area of selection and recruitment of temporary and longer-term staff.
- Organization of recruitment processes, input to short-listing process, screening of candidates, setting up and participation in interview panels including documentation processing for offers and deployment.
- In liaison with the COP, local country insurance brokers and RTI corporate HR Benefits and Compensation department track Private Medical Insurance (PMI) expiry dates and follow up on renewals.
- Coordinates preparation of contracts of CCN and local consultants, through timely preparation and submission of Personnel action forms.
- Conduct preliminary Job grading for HR and Administration manager’s review and approval, determines eligibility for salaries, entitlements and benefits appropriately
- Provide professional advice and ensure proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement performance planning, documentation of reviews, and end of year performance appraisal.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Project focusing on key HR Issues
- Provides information to staff members on their employment conditions and entitlements
Education and Experience
A University degree with specialized certification in HR. Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration.
- At least six (6) year experience in area of human resources administration.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to HR management, including administration of recruitment, contracting and performance evaluation, monitoring of transactions and reporting.
- Ability to use Computer accounting packages; MS Office products, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to communicate in English and Amharic
- Knowledge of USAID Administration rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Ethiopia is regarded.
How to apply:
All positions are expected to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and require fluency in English. Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org @ . Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email. To learn more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit http://www.rti.org/idg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.