Ethiopians
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Berlin 2009 AtlehicsChampionship Live VideosNews and Res

Unread post by Ethiopians » 17 Aug 2009 15:55

[center]ቀነኒሳ የመጀመሪያውን ወርቅ አሸነፈ!
Bekele emulates Gebrselassie with fourth 10,000m crown
[/center]

Berlin - Olympic champion Kenenisa Bekele emulated his mentor Haile Gebrselassie won he won a fourth straight 10,000 metres world title on Monday.
Bekele, 27, kicked at the bell to win the gold in a championship record 26 minutes 45 minutes 31 seconds and maintained his unbeaten career record over the
distance.
[center]Image[/center]
Zersenay Tadese won the first ever medal for Eritria, a silver in 26:50.12 and Moses Masai took bronze for Kenya in 26:57.39, two days after his sister Linet
Masai won the women's 10,000m.

Bekele has ruled the 10,000m since his first world title in 2003. He won again in 2005 and 2007 before Money, is the world record holder and has Olympic titles
over 10,000m from 2004 and 2008 (plus 2008 gold in the 5,000m).
ImageImage

Gebrselassie, who is now the marathon world record holder, won four 10,000m world titles 1993-1999 and Olympic gold 1996 and 2000.

The top three broke a small leader group at 8,000m, and Tadese and Bekele were on their own another lap later. Bekele made the decisive move going into the
final lap for victory in what was his first race over the distance this year.
የሁላችን ፎረም Our forum. Enjoy!
ethiopiaforums.com

Ethiopians
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Ethiopians » 17 Aug 2009 16:39

ethiopiaforums.com

Ethiopians
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Ethiopians » 17 Aug 2009 17:13

ቀነኒሳ ካሸነፈ በሁዋላ ቃለ መጠይቅ
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsDtNf5SPQ[/youtube]
ethiopiaforums.com

Ethiopians
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Ethiopians » 18 Aug 2009 11:34

[center]ውድድሮችን እዚህ በቀጥታ ማየት ይችላሉ Watch Berlin Athletics live

[/center]
ethiopiaforums.com

Ethiopians
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Ethiopians » 19 Aug 2009 16:20

Deresse Mekonnen claims Silver for Ethiopia in 1500 Meter

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

BERLIN — Yusuf Saad Kamel won Bahrain its first medal at the World Athletics Championships here on Wednesday when he produced a fantastic late surge to claim gold in the men's 1500m.

Kamel, who until 2003 competed for Kenya as Gregory Konchellah and is the son of Billy, the former two-time world 800m champion, clocked 3min 35.93sec.

Ethiopia's world indoor champion Deresse Mekonnen claimed a surprise silver in 3:36.01, with defending world champion Bernard Lagat, also Kenyan-born but now competing for the United States, at 0.19sec in third place.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIl1bA5q40[/youtube]
"I feel very good, very happy," said Kamel. "This was the moment I was looking for. Now it's come and it's my dream.

"It's amazing to win a world title just like my father. The only thing left for me to do is to beat his times and win more medals and get to the front of my family.

"There'll be no big party tonight. I have the 800m at 10 o'clock in the morning so I will have a very cold ice bath and shower to get well recovered."

Olympic silver medallist Asbel Kiprop could only finish fourth in a thrilling race that saw the pack remain tight through until the last 100m.

Lagat moved to the front for 200m from the off before Kenyan Augustine Choge took over with Mekonnen on his shoulder.

The pack went through the 800m mark together, with Bahraini duo Belal Mansoor Ali and Kamel, who finished fifth in the Beijing Olympics final, hovering behind Lagat.

Approaching the final lap, American Leonel Manzano went wide but couldn't get clear and it was Moroccan Mohamed Moustaoui who surged through from the back as the bell rang and gave the race the impetus it needed for the last 400m.

Moustaoui, however, could not get past Mekonnen, whose resilience saw him hold the lead around the final bend and through the first 60 metres of the home stretch.

The pack spread across the first four lanes as the runners jostled for position but it was the 26-year-old Asian Games champion who produced the decisive kick, nipping in ahead of the Ethiopian with Lagat holding on for third

Source:AFPand Diretube.com

[center]Hit POSTREPLY and add your comment አስተያየት ለመተው POSTREPLY የሚለውን ይጫኑ::[/center]
ethiopiaforums.com

ኦሽንoc
Leader
Leader

Unread post by ኦሽንoc » 20 Aug 2009 10:04

[center]Ethiopia's Bekele goes for distance double[/center]

BERLIN (Reuters) - Ethiopian double Olympic champion Kenenisa Bekele will attempt to add a 5,000 metres gold medal to his 10,000 title at the world athletics championships.

"I'm going to run the 5,000," Bekele told Reuters. "I didn't do much celebrating but went to bed early, and I'm feeling all right."

No man has ever completed the long-distance double at the world championships.

Bekele won his fourth consecutive world 10,000 gold in a championship record 26 minutes, 46.31 seconds on Monday, and is the world record holder at both distances.
[center]Image
Image[/center]

He was additionally motivated to chase the 5,000 metres gold after the Ethiopian women failed to win the world 10,000 title for the first time in a decade. Ethiopia's Meselech Melkamu and Wude Ayalew took silver and bronze behind Kenya's Linet Masai in the absence of their injured countrywoman Tirunesh Dibaba, the Olympic and 2007 world champion.

"When you lose something you have grown accustomed to, you feel it," said Bekele. "One can see from this experience how crucial critical members of the team prove to be when they are absent from a competition due to injury or any other reason.

"The majority of Ethiopians will have been disappointed by the loss of something they expected."

Bekele attempted the double at the 2003 world championships and 2004 Olympics, winning the longer event both times and taking bronze and silver in the shorter race. He won two golds at the Beijing Olympics, earning the second the day after Dibaba achieved the same double.His team mates in the 5,000 are Ali Abdosh and Bekana Daba. Both are competing at the world championships for the first time.

The 5,000 heats begin on Thursday with the final on Sunday.

Source Reuters

Return to “Ethio Sport .... ኢትዮ ስፖርት”