New features and capabilities of Windows 7 SP1

New Tech, Q&A , Softwares, Help ... ቴክኖሎጂ እና ተያያዥ ርዕሶች
Richardwasingeot

New features and capabilities of Windows 7 SP1

Unread postby Richardwasingeot » 10 Feb 2010 14:46

According to one of the uploaders the following changes have been made to build 7227

1. Changes in the mechanism for displaying thumbnails in the taskbar.

2. Pop-Up lists for the panel

3. Pop-Up lists for Remote Desktop

4. Applying the settings of the taskbar

5. Multitouch zoom

6. Invert selection

7. You can search for music by artist

8. View the contents of the search results

9. Intelligent indexing after installation

10. Reducing the length of playback sounds system

11. Changes in the panel Devices and Printers

12. Changes in the mechanism of extraction devices

13. Support for FireWire-cameras

14. Reduction in section in system

15. Improved driver support

16. Reducing the paging file

17. Assigning a letter to boot with two OS loaded

18. Naming the section reserved for the system.

There are rumors out there that this build could be fake and that build 7230 will be leaked tomorrow evening.
to know how the new SP looks and to see the screen shots visit this pageabout windows 7

morefun
Leader
Leader

Re: New features and capabilities of Windows 7 SP1

Unread postby morefun » 11 Feb 2010 01:30

ya i think Microsoft is release this cool operating system and it's so SEXY and cool.....but as u know it's have a specification to install this OS in ur computer......did u know z specifications of windos 7....i will tell u....now let's look by images...

morefun
Leader
Leader

Unread postby morefun » 11 Feb 2010 01:43

How to Decide if Windows 7 is Right for you and your Computer

This is a simple guide how to decide if Windows 7 is right for you and your computer. Windows 7 is the latest and greatest (believe it or not, I didn't at first) operating system for PC computers. The release date is October 22, but I as a PC technician have been running and studying this great new creation by Microsoft. I was pretty POd like most people, about the huge blunder that is Vista, and very reluctant to consider this new OS. But I gave it a chance and I am here to tell you that I do not regret it!

1.How to Decide if Windows 7 is Right for you and your Computer Step 1, Take a good long look at your computer. Is it from the 80s? Does it look antique? Chances are pretty good if it is currently running Windows 98, ME, 2000, or sometimes even XP it is not quite ready for Windows 7.

2.How to Decide if Windows 7 is Right for you and your Computer Step 2, Right click on my computer and click properties. Check your current system specifications. What processor do you have? How much ram? My personal recommendation for ram is 2 gigabytes minimum. (2GB minimum for vista also though in my opinion.) As for processor, you really want a dual core or better, but it can be ran on lower. The processor recommendation is a little more lenient however, due to Windows 7's advanced, more compact operating core. I would say minimum 2Ghz single core processor.

3.How to Decide if Windows 7 is Right for you and your Computer Step 3, Double click on My computer or click on computer from the start menu. Right click your C: Drive and left click properties. Here you can see your available disk space. How much do you have left? How much total? Idealy, you should have all your files backed up off your PC and should have plenty of free space. If you do a windows 7 install correctly (non upgrade) you will blank out the hard drive and all files so make sure your documents, music, etc, are backed up to CDs, DVDs, or an external hard drive. I would say have at least a 40-80 Gigabyte hard drive at minimum to have ample room for the OS and some basic programs and still be able to have room for the hibernation file and swap file (The swap file is a windows file used when it runs out of system RAM.)

4.How to Decide if Windows 7 is Right for you and your Computer Step 4, Now that you have gathered this information, see if your computer adds up to my recommended specs. 2Ghz processor, 2GB ram, 40-80 GB hard drive. If so, I would recommend that you install Windows 7. If not, invest under $100 in some ram chips is all most computers will need. Other than that, windows 7 just made your dinosaur computer obsolete, sorry.

morefun
Leader
Leader

Unread postby morefun » 08 Mar 2010 20:33

How to Know if your Computer Will Run Windows 7

First you need to ask yourself if you really want to upgrade to Windows 7.
If your current version of windows does everything you want it to, then you probably do not need to upgrade to windows 7. Another thing to consider instead of upgrading would be replacing your computer with a new Windows 7 PC, doing this will ensure that all the computer hardware is Win7 compatible. After considering the above and still deciding to upgrade to windows 7 here are some guidelines to follow to make sure your computer will run it properly.
Step 1

Check your computers specs. Windows 7 requires a 1ghz or better processor and atleast 1gb ram or 2gb's if your installing 64bit. It also requires a video card that is DirectX9 compatible. As far as hard drive space goes it requires 16gb or 20gb for 64bit windows 7.
You will also need a dvd drive to install with.

Step 2

Think about all the programs you have installed. Most will work fine on windows 7 but there may be some that are not compatible. Some accounting programs are known to have issues with 7. If you are unsure about any programs head over to their website to check and see if they are windows 7 compatible. You most likely will have to do a clean install also so make sure you have the software for any programs that you will need to reinstall.

Step 3
Win7 Upgrade Advisor

The next thing you need to do is head over to
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... visor.aspx or just click the link down in the resource section below and then download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. Install it and let it check your computer. It will alert you to any incompatible hardware in your PC and tell you if you can perform an upgrade or if you will have to load windows 7 from scratch.

Step 4

You should have a good idea if windows 7 will work on your computer now. Just make sure to buy the correct version for your system. 32-bit for 32 bit systems and 64-bit for 64bit systems. Also you might want to look over the different versions (Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate) to find the one you like the best. You can see the differences here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... fault.aspx

Return to “Technology, Softwares & IT Related ...ቴክኖሎጂ ነክ አምዶች”