Apply by 02 February 2012
CNFA is seeking a Pastoralist Livelihood Diversification Advisor to guide the implementation of value chain strengthening programs, and livelihood diversification methods. USAID/Ethiopia intends to award a five-year cooperative agreement under the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative, Global Climate Change Initiative and Global Health Initiative.
- Will lead initiatives to diversify vulnerable and chronically food insecure populations through value chain integration activities.
- The individual will work closely with the DCOP/ Pastoral Livestock Production and Marketing Advisor, and other program leaders and private sector actors in designing and implementing innovative livelihood diversification approaches.
- Master’s degree in Business, finance, livestock, agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, or related field is required or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- At least five (5) years work experience with for profit organization, non-governmental organization (NGO) or profit agribusiness working with vulnerable, marginalized and pastoralists/agro-pastoralist groups.
- At least five (5) years proven experience in innovative value chain development or business models using best practices.
- Experience in pastoralists areas and value chain development is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and private sector/business driven skills.
Send CVs to:
Qualified candidates should send CVs to email@example.com with "Ethiopia Pastorlaist Livelihood" in the subject line.
Find More Ethiopian Jobs at LucyJobs.com