Apply by 01 February 2012
RTI is an independent nonprofit research and technical services institute headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Since 1958, RTI has provided clients in over 150 countries with cutting-edge research and technical assistance in the areas of education and training, economic and social policy and planning, democratic governance and institutional development, energy and the environment, survey and statistics, health and pharmaceuticals, advanced technologies and product commercialization, and laboratory and chemistry services. RTI’s international development practice serves clients including the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation,World Bank,U.K.Department for International Development, foreign governments, private clients, and others.
RTI International is seeking qualified Chief of Party candidates in anticipation of a five-year business development services project in Ethiopia. The goal of this flagship private sector project is to substantially improve private sector competitiveness, and financial intermediation in particular, as a key driver of sustainable economic growth and reduced poverty in Ethiopia. The program will focus on three objectives: broadening the financial sector, increasing private sector capability to effectively promote reform, and improve business development services for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, administrative, operational and logistical management
- Serve as the component leader for the financial component of the project, providing overall technical supervision of related activities
- Coordinate and manage short-term technical assistance, both local and foreign
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, financial institutions, associations, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation.
- A Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field
- A minimum of 15 years experience managing complex donor-funded private sector projects, with 10+ years experience in financial sector development
- Demonstrated technical expertise in business development finance, rural or agricultural finance, or agriculture value chains
- Africa, particularly East Africa, experience preferred.
- English fluency, written and oral, required.
Please submit your résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “Ethiopia Finance - Chief of Party” on the subject line. Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Find Your Job at LucyJobs.com