Apply By 31 January 2012RTI International
RTI is an independent nonprofit research and technical services institute headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Since 1958, RTI has provided clients in over 150 countries with cutting-edge research and technical assistance in the areas of education and training, economic and social policy and planning, democratic governance and institutional development, energy and the environment, survey and statistics, health and pharmaceuticals, advanced technologies and product commercialization, and laboratory and chemistry services. RTI’s international development practice serves clients including the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation,World Bank,U.K.Department for International Development, foreign governments, private clients, and others.
RTI International is seeking qualified Business Development Services (BDS) Advisor/Market Specialist candidates in anticipation of a five-year business development services project in Ethiopia. The goal of this flagship private sector project is to substantially improve private sector competitiveness, and financial intermediation in particular, as a key driver of sustainable economic growth and reduced poverty in Ethiopia. The program will focus on three objectives: broadening the financial sector, increasing private sector capability to effectively promote reform, and improve business development services for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Responsible for providing daily management and oversight of BDS related technical assistance.
- Manage the BDS unit in collaboration with other project areas, donors, governmental entities, private organizations and in consultation with the Chief of Party.
- Assist in developing a sustainable BDS market independent of public intervention in select agricultural and industrial sectors.
- A Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years experience managing projects in business development services as well as experience in working with various levels of government.
- Africa, particularly East Africa, experience preferred.
- English fluency, written and oral, required.
- Ethiopian nationals highly encouraged to apply
- Will assume the responsibilities of Deputy Chief of Party as required.
Please submit your résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ethiopia FaBS – BDS Advisor/Market Specialist” on the subject line. Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.