RTI International is an independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research and programming to improve the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI was founded in 1958 by universities in North Carolina as the first scientific organization in and the centerpiece of its Research Triangle Park. In the international education sector, from our longstanding work in post-apartheid South Africa to innovative work in Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA), including recently in Ethiopia, RTI works to improve education quality, relevance, access, and efficiency around the world.
RTI is recruiting an M&E Director for an anticipated education project in Ethiopia, focused on curriculum revision and textbook development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E Director will be fully responsible for coordination of implementation of all reading assessments and other M&E reporting tools, in a timely manner and at the standard required by RTI. In particular, the Director will ensure that monitoring mechanisms designed to evaluate the quality of program implementation are in place, active, and provide timely feedback for the project. RTI will provide guidance and support for all of the tasks that are needed to execute these assessments in timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage all M&E activities and reporting for the project.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the sub-grant awards and performance monitoring plans and systems for gathering, reporting, and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation.
- Collects and reports on indicators required by USAID. Measures progress toward achieving project goals.
- Supports the documentation of best practices and facilitate the use of such data to drive program design and decision making. Produces information to share lessons learned and for advocacy purposes.
- Working with and managing M&E support organization in this area
- Provide necessary and requested inputs into the Performance Management Plan and other M&E aspects;
- Provide timely inputs for various reports (quarterly progress reports, annual reports, financial reports, success stories, etc.)
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in monitoring or assessment
- Experience with education projects desired
- Experience in implementing USAID projects with a strong understanding of USAID rules and regulations for M&E required
- Exceptional technical skills in data management, M&E, survey design, implementation, mapping, and/or assessment.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art research design issues and quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques.
- Full proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software
- Skills in SPSS, Stata, and other statistical software desired, with particular interest in Stata
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
Fluency in Amharic and English
How to apply:
All positions are expected to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and require fluency in English. Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org @ . Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email. To learn more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit http://www.rti.org/idg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.