Chief of Party (COP), Ethiopia
Devex Candidate Sourcing Service | Apply By 03 June 2011
Devex is assisting a leading development organization in its search for a Chief of Party (COP) to manage an upcoming HIV/AIDS prevention program in Ethiopia.
The Chief of Party will set a broad vision for and provide strategic direction to the project, and shall be responsible for overall management, including: setting technical direction; partner relations; compliance and fiduciary management; and reporting. The COP will also have principal responsibility for assuring that all project goals and objectives are met in a timely fashion. Specifically, the COP will:
- Provide leadership, management, and strategic direction to all project activities to ensure the efficient use of resources and achievement of results and project expectations.
- Guide senior technical staff and build project team, including project subcontractors and short-term technical assistance, to ensure the responsiveness and quality of all project work.
- Ensure effective planning, management and timely implementation of the project in collaboration with USAID, partners, key stakeholders, and others.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships, partnerships, and coordination with the Government of Ethiolpia, Ministry of Health, USAID-funded partners, and other stakeholders and partners, including non-USG donors.
- Represent the project at joint meetings with the client, partners, and national collaborators to further the implementation and sustainability of project activities.
- Oversee development of annual work-plans, budgets, reports, and other deliverables, ensuring all are on time and of high quality.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with the M&E plan, responding to the project results and the donor’s strategic objectives.
- Oversee project finance and administrative processes and ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID requirements, procedures and practices.
- Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems and review outputs for quality control; ensure quality of all project activities.
- Establish processes and capabilities to ensure documentation and dissemination of project activities/results.
- Coordinate with CARE senior management to assure that managerial and administrative matters are communicated and activities comply with the provisions of the contract and with USAID regulations.
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Masters Degree (minimum) in public health or other social science field; Ph.D. preferred;
- 10-15 years experience working in international public health;
- Technical expertise in HIV/AIDS, including at least five years applied experience in HIV/AIDS program implementation;
- Successful experience working with USAID and USAID-funded projects and organizations;
- Significant knowledge of USAID public health programming objectives and regulations;
- Excellent understanding and expertise with reporting to USG, budgeting, procurement, and project management procedures;
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple teams and ability to foster strong and effective relationships with local and international partners;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Long term work experience in East Africa is highly desirable (especially Ethiopia).
Qualified and interested applicants may send their CV with cover letter to Ms. Hope Patagan, email@example.com , on or before June 3, 2011. Kindly note the position title in the subject of your email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.